Tuesday, October 19, 2010

अ बेलातेद न्यू पोस्ट

I realize it's been over a month since my last post-- this is mostly due to laziness and a poor memory for these things.

To sum up my last month, my Swedish is beginning to snowball, I feel. Or maybe I'm just feeling that way today. Whatever the case, it is encouraging. I can say most of the things I want with some coherency and specificity now.

I've landed myself a Swedish girlfriend named Ingrid. She's a very cute and clever girl in my class at school and one of the first friends I made coming into gymnasium. :)

I recently got back from my host club's district conference with the other exchange students. I love everybody there, and it always makes me a little sad to leave, even though being around all the exchange students at once takes a toll on me mentally. I wish we could do those kinds of meetings more often. The next one isn't until December. :(

I gotta start working out or something. I'm feeling less tired on a daily basis, but I think being active will make me a bit less restless and more motivated. If only gym memberships didn't cost a bloody fortune and it wasn't getting so fucking cold out.

Coming here hasn't brought about as many new problems and issues as I was expecting. I'm actually faced with mostly the same problems I had at home-- most of them mental, some not. I'm having some trouble keeping up with some of my obligations and procrastinating like usual. Perceptions of social issues have remained essentially the same, but in recent days I like to think I've come to healthier perspectives on some of them.

Things are still going very well here overall. Autumn is coming on. It's getting gloomy outside. Still, it makes the inside cozy, so it's not all bad.

Love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. I may not comment right away but I do read your blog! :P

    Just so you know you're not just sending words off into space...

    Still miss you.

    You should try basic workouts. 50 push-ups and 50 sit-ups to start, alternate every 10. Gogogogogo.

    ReplyDelete